Monday 24 October 2016

Recently Watched: SANAM TERI KASAM

Hello, it's been a while to review something here. Last week, I decided to watch a Bollywood movie again after a while. It's kinda hard to me to choose the one because actually I'm not really a fan of every hindi movies. It must be acording to the cast, plot, and the color palettes. Please note that I am using "and" which means those 3 must be inclusive.

First, the cast. Oh yes, my movie list must include a good-looking heroine. C'mon, I am going to watch more than 2 hours movie so if there is no a worthy actor to be enjoyed, then it's a no-no. Second, the plot. I am certainly a picky movie-eater that enjoyed trashy plot, tear-jerker, outrageously silly and only watch a serious-noir movie in mood. Shortly, I like mainstream-typical hindi movies. And last is the color palette. It means the color of the film in overall. I like to see a grand setting with pretty color which spent a big amount of budget. We're talking about India, a city that is known dirtier than my country (according to many sources, please don't bash me) so looking the real Indian life would be a pain for my eyes. This is shown how subjective I am as a person, yes?

So I am searching for a worthy one that is fit to my liking. After many searches, I decided to watch this movie:

The movie title is "Sanam Teri Kasam", played by 2 main casts, Harsh Rane and Mawra Hocane. Those two may haven't been renowned stars, considering their names were not even put in the movie poster. And for me, their faces were also not familiar. The only thing that make me wanted to watch is only because of the reviews. It has a positive reviews from the public, and otherwise from the critics. It means, the story maybe such a typical love story that won't satisfy the critics. And finally, I decided to spend almost 2 and half hours watching this movie.

Oh, yes the plot. This is a very typical love story like anything else, to be honest. You know, a man and a woman, a meeting, love happened, and then ended with a happy one, or a tragic one. Seeing the poster only, you will think this has a tragic ending, right? There is no surprise with the plot, seriously. But somehow I was interested and very ready to shed tears. But yeah, I'll tell you the synopsis. STK is about the meeting of a man who wanted to love no one (which is lack of explanation in the story), named Inder, an ex-prisoner-murderer with a woman whom no one loved named Saraswati or Saru. Saru has always been rejected by several man and also had a very stiff father who only wanted an IIT, IIM, bla bla, which I don't really understand but shortly, a successful bachelor from respected background. One day, she asked Inder for helping her and ended up he helped her for almost everything. If I tell more, then maybe it will be a spoiler.

I am very satisfied for the setting choice. There were such a beautiful library (because Saru is a librarian), a very pretty interior design of a cheap place, even the traditional market is very colorful. Talking about the color palette, I started to remember Bajirao Mastani that also has a very good color palette (as a Sanjay Leela Bhansali's work obviously) and maybe I will review that later.

Oh yes, I realized that there is really no fun if we talked about something without photos, so now let's see the color palette, shall we?

This is the library that Saru worked. Feeling british?


This is a rusty rent place that Inder searched for Saru to live. What a messy-cute details, huh?






These two are the traditional market, it's so colorful, omg....





Saru was drunk and totally out of her mind, the setting was suddenly changed to a railway station. It's kinda similar to Indonesian's but somehow the color picking is really cute.


Oh yes! And this is the "transformation" moment! Can you look the differences of Saru? They used soft pink, purple, and girly color. Notes, the place was a mess illegal boutique shop, I don't know but everything is beautiful here.


Last! This is a surprise place from Inder. Althought it looked messy, but it's still pretty and I don't really understand how could they make a messy but beauty setting like this? (Spoiler Alert!) The sound of Inder saying "Marry me, Saru" was echoed in my mind. Oh my gosh, I really shocked with his sudden proposal, seriously, like... AFTER ALL THIS TIME, FINALLY!

I regretted to not post the screencaps of Khoobsurat. It's way more pretty with a kingdom setting, inside and outside, very magnificent places, etc.

The reason why I like hindi movie (one of many things) is simply because of the duration. They tend to have more 2-3 hours with 2 and half in average. It means, only one spoiler won't be hurt. There are still many things to watch even with a single spoiler.

Ah... I'm starting to speak absurd things now...

Anyway, please watch this movie if you suddenly want to cry or in the mood of saddy things. I thought at first that after I knew the ending and expecting to not cry, but at the end, I was crying, a lot. Like totally a tear-jerker movie.

Happy monday everyone, see you!